Chef Trainer Position
Western Provence Caterers are looking for a Chef Trainer to help upskill their staff in one of our units in the Cape Town Area.
The culinary instructor will serve as a teacher and role model, teaching key skills and inspiring participants to cook more healthy & inexpensive meals, while they themselves cook, as they will be the Chef Trainer of that unit.
- Teach participants the basics of food and kitchen safety, food preparation, and making healthy choices and substitutions when cooking;
- Choose recipes that demonstrate key nutrition, food budgeting, and food preparation lessons;
- Assign participants kitchen tasks that allow each individual to gain hands-on practice and improve their cooking skills;
- Supervise participants in the kitchen, encouraging proper technique and gently correcting as needed.
- Matric or NQF Level 4;
- Culinary Qualification needed as a qualified chef;
- 3 to 5 years as a chef trainer;
- Interest and comfort in working with individuals from diverse backgrounds;
- Able to work shifts Monday to Sunday with alternative days off in the week.
Should you meet the above criteria, please send a copy of your updated CV (Word format) and a recent picture, when applying.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: R15,000.00 to R17,000.00 /month
- Food industry, catering, cooking: 1 year (Preferred)
- Chef: 1 year (Preferred)
- Certificate (Preferred)