A private game reserve is looking for chefs to join their team.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Ensure that all meals, snacks and functions are correctly prepared, cooked and served
- Ensure that preparation of food is hygienic and that a ‘clean as you go’ discipline is adhered to
- Report to the executive chef and or the food and beverage manager
- Ensure that any maintenance problems are immediately reported and been followed up
- Ensure that communication between other departments and the kitchen is running smoothly
- Attend training when requested
- Perform any other duties as directed by the head chef and/or food and beverage manager
Key areas of responsibilities:
- Contribute to the efficient running of the kitchen by producing and presenting food of the highest quality
- Supporting the kitchen team with general duties
Education and experience required:
- Minimum of two years’ experience as a cook in a hotel or game reserve environment
- Food preparation experience
Knowledge, skills, and competencies:
- Knowledge of and compliance with food safety standards
- Customer service and communications skills
- Contribute to effective teamwork
This is a possible live in position in the Ceres/Karoo area.
Preferably single candidates will be considered.
Please note that only suitable candidates will be contacted.