Posting Date Jun 14, 2019
Job Number 19081489
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! Cape Town, 198 Bree Street, Cape Town, South Africa, South Africa
Brand Protea Hotels
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Protea Hotels by Marriott® is the leading hospitality brand in Africa and one of the most widely recognized hospitality brands on the continent, with over 90 hotels across South Africa, Zambia, Nigeria, Namibia, Ghana, Tanzania and Uganda. If you have a passion for delivering every guest personalized service experience and desire to be part of the ‘Coolest Hotel Brand in South Africa’, join the Protea Hotels by Marriott® team today!
- Prepare special meals or substitute items.
- Regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
- Pull food from freezer storage to thaw in the refrigerator.
- Ensure proper portion, arrangement, and food garnish.
- Maintain food logs.
- Monitor the quality and quantity of food that is prepared.
- Communicate assistance needed during busy periods.
- Inform Chef of excess food items for use in daily specials.
- Inform F&B service staff of 86’ed items and available menu specials.
- Ensure the quality of the food items.
- Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist.
- Prepare cold foods.
- Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counselling, disciplining, and motivating and coaching employees; serve as a role model.
Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain the confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Anticipate and address guests’ service needs. Speak with others using clear and professional language. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Stand, sit or walk for an extended period of time. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 11.3 kilograms without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.