Food and Beverage Internship
- Ensure appropriate dress code in in with health and safety requirements and in accordance with Hollywood standards.
- Management of kitchen staff, which includes chefs, grillers, kitchen assistants, scullers.
- Ensure that recipes are followed as per GAAP to maintain high quality meals at all times.
- Ensure that meals are planned for in accordance to operational trends/peak periods/events.
- Ensure that meals are in accordance to orders placed.
- Monitor the bump screen to check on times of order placed and ensure that meals are presented in good turnaround times.
- Ensure that standard portioning is applied.
- Ensure that kitchen stock is well maintained, stored at appropriate areas and rotated to ensure minimal wastage.
- Inspect and clean food preparation areas, such as equipment and work surfaces, to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices and ensure conformance to established standards.
- Inspect kitchen stock- all food, spices, etc. Recommendations to defrost freezers as and when required.
- Ensure all kitchen stock is well maintained, packaged and allocated to the correct area- shelves, freezers etc. Ensure stock rotation and ensure expired food is disposed of and classified as waste.
- Ensures presentation of orders are in line with Hollywood standards.
- Reports any operational problems (faulty/damaged equipment) that could hinder daily operations.
- Assisting of reporting of all kitchen stock items. Account for kitchen stock variances. Complete kitchen stock reconciliations. Ensure that stock par levels are maintained.
- Ensures that all wastages and breakages in the kitchen are disclosed and accounted for.
- Ensure the kitchen area is well maintained, that the kitchen is always clean and tidy.
- Any other ad hoc duties that might be required.