Highbury Media (Pty) Ltd is SA’s largest independent magazine and digital publishing company responsible for some of the country’s best-performing titles. They are currently looking for a Food Assistant to join their team.
Is food your passion? Do you want to excel in the exhilarating world of print and digital content creation? Are you the kind of person that wakes up excited to eat breakfast? Do you live to eat? Then this is the position for you.
We look after a variety of award-winning magazines, ranging from focusing on full-blown delicious food trends to budget meals, fitness-inspired food and living a healthy life. We create all the food content and it is pure excitement.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Keeping up to date with food trends
- Assist food stylists on set
- Managing the booking schedule
- Propping for food shoots and videos
- Collaborate with the food team to organize shoots and create content
- Managing budgets and keeping within specific budgets
- Tracking and handling invoices
- Booking photographers, videographers and studios
- Assisting with creating briefs for internal and external clients
- Assisting with creating, testing and writing recipes
- The ideal candidate will be curious, with enthusiasm for generating food-related ideas
- This position reports to the food editor
- Extremely organised and able to work on different tasks at one time
- Culinary background or culinary school diploma is a bonus
- One to two years of working experience
- Budgets and recons
- Able to work in a high paced deadline driven environment on various platforms
- Self-starter that is able to make decisions
- Must have a valid driver’s license and own car