Microbiological Technician at Rhodes Food Group
About the Position:
Rhodes Food Group (Pty) Ltd seeks to employ a qualified and experienced MICROBIOLOGICAL TECHNICIAN at the Central Laboratory based in Groot Drakenstein, Paarl.
To conduct all microbiological analysis on products from the various food processing business units e.g. RFG Ready Meals, RFG Dairy, RFG Fruit products, RFG Long life beverages and RFG Snacking.
- Receipting and completing all log sheet of all incoming consumable, supplies, chemicals and microbiological media
- Verifying of temperatures for all Laboratory equipment and thermometers used in laboratory
- Preparing of all microbiological agar media and sterilize in an autoclave
- Ensuring that all relevant worksheets are completed and kept updated in each area in the laboratory
- Sterilising all Laboratory glassware and utensils
- Microbiological analysis of all food products received
- Microbiological analysis of environmental swabs and water samples from various in house clients
- Preparing of all samples for analysis using aseptic techniques
- Recording all results daily on raw sheets and thereafter entering on LIMS and verified by technical signatory
- Assisting the Laboratory Manager with formulating follow-up action of any non-conformances or customer complaints that might occur
- Contacting suppliers and requesting quotes if required by Lab Manager
- Conducting general administrative duties on an ad-hoc basis as instructed by the Laboratory Manager e.g. FilingResponsibility and Authority:
Authorization is given to the incumbent to perform the above-mentioned tests on the basis of him/her having proven him/her competent in the appropriate tests and methodologies. He/ she will be evaluated on a regular basis to confirm sustained competence.
Our ideal candidate must have:
- Diploma in Food Technology or Degree in Food Science / Microbiology or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a SANAS Accredited Microbiology Laboratory
- Computer Literacy (MS OFFICE – WORD/EXCEL/OUTLOOK)
- Good knowledge of Laboratory Practices
- Good knowledge of Lab Quality Manual / ISO 17025 /LIMS System
Key Competencies / Skills:
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical approach
- Ability to work in a team
- Excellent organising skills
- Excellent administrative skills
- Attention to detail
- Data Capturing / Filing / Report writing / Organizing skills
To apply, please forward a brief Curriculum Vitae (CV) and certified copies of your qualifications to the Human Resources Department. Email: Email Address
Closing date: Friday, 21 July 2019
All information provided by candidates will be verified. Rhodes Food Group (Pty) Ltd has the right to withdraw the advertisement and or not appoint anyone in the position. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Should you not hear from Rhodes Food Group (Pty) Ltd within 14 days after the closing date, then please consider your application as unsuccessful.
This position will be filled in line with the objectives of Rhodes Food Group (Pty) Ltd Employment Equity plans and designated candidates are encouraged to apply in accordance with applicable legislation.
- Diploma in Food Technology
- Degree in Food Science
- SANAS Accredited Laboratory
- LIMS System
- ISO 17025
Desired Work Experience:
- 2 to 5 years Food & Beverage Manufacturing
Desired Qualification Accreditation:
About The Employer:
LEADER IN CONVENIENCE MEAL SOLUTIONS
Rhodes Food Group is an internationally recognised producer of fresh, frozen and long life convenience meal solutions for customers and consumers throughout South Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa and in major global markets.
Based in Groot Drakenstein in the Western Cape, South Africa, Rhodes Food Group has a well-capitalised production base comprising 13 manufacturing facilities across South Africa and a fruit processing facility in Swaziland. All operations are well-located close to sources of raw materials and end markets.
The Group also owns a dairy farm at Groot Drakenstein and pineapple plantations in Swaziland and its product range includes canned fruit, jam, vegetable and meat products, bottled salads, fruit juices and purees, fresh ready meals, pies, pastries, bakery and dairy products.
Employer & Job Benefits:
- Medical Aid
- Pension Fund