The TOPS at SPAR Wine Show is Back in Cape Town Next Week
Just a week is what separates you from your next exceptional wine experience.
The TOPS at SPAR Wine Show is back in Cape Town from Thursday 11 to Saturday 13 July at GrandWest Casino and Entertainment World, and you’re invited to taste and explore a ‘Winederland’ of ti(tannic) proportions – and if you get your tickets before Sunday 7 July you’ll pay only R92,50!
The show remains an invaluable opportunity to expand your knowledge of wine in all its glory, with interactive, educational presentations that include wines from Jan Harmsgat, Bloemendal and Kleine Zalze, in the #SAWineShowcase Theatre by the much-loved industry legend Jon Meinking.
If you’ve ever wondered how your vino got its shade, or if the cork truly is superior to the controversial screw cap, then the Wine Theatre is where you’ll find answers. Two new ranges in the SPAR Sommeliers Olive Brook Selection – the Everyday and Terroir – will be showcased in a presentation titled, ‘Complex but not Confusing’.
The show will also be bustling with other exciting activities, such as the Wine Label Design Awards presented by Rotolabel that celebrate the art of “putting a face to the taste”, while the Search for a Supertaster sends visitors (from casual wine lovers to passionate aficionados) on a tasting challenge in the South African Wine Tasting Championships – with the winning taster set to join the SA Wine Tasting Champs on their upcoming overseas trip.
Proving that “local is lekker”, a selection of estates from several wine-producing regions will be taking part in the show, some of which are exhibiting for the first time, including Cape Point Vineyards, Meerhof Wines ad Villiera Wines. Says Debbie Combrink, CEO of the TOPS at SPAR Wine Show, “We welcome back farms such as Tokara, Perdeberg Wines, Zorgvliet Wines, Stellenbosch Vineyards and Kunjani Wines – and many more. Expanding on last year’s boutique wine offering, visitors to the show can look forward to 12 producers in this category.”
Those in search of food & wine pairing will find it in the VIP experience at the show. A collaboration between the SA Sommeliers Association, Chefs Craig Cormack and Beau du Toit of the Goose Roasters and the TOPS at SPAR Wine Show, the VIP experience includes access to a private seating area away from the crowds, five elegant food offerings with a selection of paired wines from Vinesse, personalised sommelier service to guide your wine experience, limited bar including boutique wine selection, a corporate gift and complimentary Platters Guide.
The Cape Town leg of the TOPS at SPAR Wine Show takes place at Western Cape’s premier entertainment destination, GrandWest Casino, where it will take up occupation in the Sun Exhibits.
After Cape Town, the TOPS at SPAR Wine Show moves to Port Elizabeth from 25 to 27 July, Pretoria (which is making a welcome return to the tour schedule) from 3 to 5 October, East London (the latest addition to the tour) from 7 to 9 November, and ending off in Nelspruit from 28 to 30 November.
NOTE: The special, limited offer to ‘BUY ONE GET ONE FREE’ is available until Sunday 7 July. General admission tickets are just R92,50 – only until 7 July!
Use promo code VINO when booking at https://wineshow.co.za/tickets/.
CAPE TOWN SHOW INFORMATION
Dates & times:
- Thursday 11 July: 17:00-21:00
- Friday 12 July: 17:00-21:00
- Saturday 13 July: 15:00-21:00
Venue: Sun Exhibits, GrandWest Casino
- General access online: R185 per person (includes a tasting glass, show guide, access to wine theatres and unlimited tastings)
- Couples combo: R385 per couple, valued at R570 (includes two general admission tickets, two tasting glasses, a show guide, access to the wine theatres, unlimited tastings and a six-pack of Libbey glasses courtesy of Core Catering)
- VIP Lounge: R495 per person, valued at R870 (includes a private seating area away from the crowds, five elegant food offerings with a selection of paired wines from Vinesse, personalised sommeliers service to guide your wine experience, limited bar, including boutique wine selection, a corporate gift courtesy of Core Catering and complimentary Platters Guide, plus all General Admission ticket benefits)
- Tickets at the door: R200 per person
To book: https://wineshow.co.za/tickets/