Africa Trade Week 2021
Africa Trade Week is a collection of trade shows covering the food, trade and hospitality sectors.
The shows, Africa’s Big 7, SAITEX and The Hotel & Hospitality Show and Halaal 21, gather together a range of South African and pan-African buyers to source products and services from a global manufacturing base. The show took place from 23–25 August 2021.
Both independent sellers, as well as country trade development agencies, utilise Africa Trade Week to exhibit their latest offerings for those wanting to cement their place in the market as well as new market entrants. The event features a sectorised exhibition area, as well as b2b matchmaking services, workshops and masterclasses, to allow attendees to not only learn but also network and do business.
The 2021 show had a total of 12 sessions, 55 speakers and 57 countries that were represented.
Highlighted speakers from the event included:
- John Rocha – Chief Director from Trade Invest Africa Department of Trade, Industry & Competition,
- Nicki Russell – Head of Product Merchandise from Pick n Pay and
- Richard Lawrence – Group Innovation Director, Tiger Brands
- Shaun Wheeler – General Manager, Radisson Blu Hotel in Sandton
- Virath Gobrie – Hospitality, Commercial Manager for Sun International Hotels
“There were so many thought-provoking sessions! I loved the exhibition concept where we can network and engage in matchmaking. We met and connected with many prospective buyers. As a 24/7 online platform, this gave us lots of flexibility. The Africa Trade Week team gave us great support throughout the event,” said Patricia Ayuningtyas of ITPC Johannesburg.
Those who were unable to attend the event this year can now plan to join Africa Trade Week next year on 19-21 June 2022 at Gallagher Convention Centre in Midrand, South Africa.