Become a World Champ with Siya Kolisi’s Favourite Peppermint Crisp Tart Recipe!
Springbok captain Siya Kolisi has a sweet tooth for peppermint crisp tart. This popular South African dessert is made with a shortcrust pastry shell filled with a peppermint-flavoured custard and topped with a layer of peppermint crisp chocolate. The tart is believed to have originated in the 1970s and has since become a popular treat in South Africa. It is also known as “Transkei Mud Pie.”
Here’s a recipe for peppermint crisp tart:
- SERVES: 6 to 8
- DIFFICULTY: Easy
- PREP TIME: 45 minutes plus overnight setting time
- 2 packets of tennis biscuits
- 500 ml of whipping cream
- 1 can (360 g) of caramel treat
- 150 g peppermint crisp chocolate
- Crush the tennis biscuits into fine crumbs.
- Whip the cream until stiff peaks form.
- Mix the caramel treat and whipped cream.
- Grate the Peppermint Crisp chocolate.
- Layer the tennis biscuit crumbs at the bottom of a dish.
- Add a layer of the caramel and whipped cream mixture.
- Sprinkle grated Peppermint Crisp chocolate on top of the mixture.
- Repeat steps 5-7 until all ingredients are used up, ending with a layer of grated Peppermint Crisp chocolate on top.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Try it now.